Nestled within its landscaped gardens this impressive four bedroom detached Edwardian house with the benefit of a detached outbuilding offering excellent storage facilities and an independent one bedroom apartment above suitable for a family member or alternatively to let out. An outdoor heated swimming pool can be enjoyed with far reaching countryside views. CSCA
AN ATTRACTIVE EDWARDIAN 4 BEDROOM HOUSE WITH DETACHD ANCILLARY ACCOMMODATION AND LOVELY VIEWS UNDER A MILE FROM THE VILLAGE.
Approximately 0.52 of an Acre
* Entrance Hall * Drawing/Dining Room * Family Room
* Conservatory * Kitchen/Breakfast Room * Utility Room
* Bedroom 4 * Shower Room
* Master Bedroom with En Suite Shower Room
* Two Further Bedrooms * Family Bathroom
* Well Established Landscaped Gardens
* Heated Outdoor Swimming Pool
Detached Outbuilding comprising
* Office/Studio * Garaging & Workshop
* Self-Contained First Floor Apartment * Garden Shed
* Cranbrook School Catchment Area LOCATION
The village of Sandhurst is in Kent near the border with East Sussex. It is situated very close to Bodiam and located on the A268 near the villages of Hawkhurst and Northiam. Sandhurst is in the borough of Tunbridge Wells. There is a Primary School located in the centre of the village and was founded in 1909. Johnson's is the main shop, selling a variety of food and other items as well as housing the post office. St. Nicholas' Church is located in Sandhurst Cross, about a mile south from the main village. There is also a Baptist Church in the village. There is a social club on the back road in the village, open to members and guests, providing live entertainment as well as facilities for darts, pool, and television. The long-standing and popular New Swan is the only public house in the village, offering fine food and drinks as well as regular live entertainment. The village also has a lovely tearoom.
Education opportunities exist within the area in both the private and state sector, at all levels. These include Cranbrook and Hawkhurst primary schools, Marlborough House, Dulwich, St. Ronan's and Claremont preparatory schools. Cranbrook School, The High Weald Academy, Claremont Senior School and Sutton Valence School at secondary level. Main-line commuter rail services into London Charing Cross, London Bridge and Cannon Street, approx 1 hour, can be found at Staplehurst or Etchingham stations. DESCRIPTION
Situated within an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, Scurms is an attractive Edwardian house which was built I circa 1905 with later additions and situated under a mile from the popular village of Sandhurst. Far reaching views can be enjoyed from the lovely established garden and internally the versatile and well presented family accommodation is arranged over two floors. Points of note include;
* South-facing reception rooms comprise a sitting/family room and a well proportioned 'L' shaped drawing/dining room with gas fire and glazed doors that open to a west-facing hardwood conservatory.
*the kitchen/breakfast room has an extensive range of cupboards, a gas fired two oven Aga and an integral microwave with space for further appliances. A substantial utility room, fitted to match the kitchen houses the boiler and has space for a washing machine and drier.
*Over the ground and first floors are four attractive double bedrooms, all with fitted cupboards and served by three bath/shower rooms.
*Scurms has a right of access over the drive leading to a detached outbuilding which incorporates garaging, a flexible studio/home office and an excellent self-contained first floor flat with sitting room, fitted kitchen, bedroom and shower room.
* The attractive and well established gardens extend to the three sides of the house and feature lawns interspersed with borders, varieties of shrubs and a number of fruit trees including damson, apple, pear and cobnut. There is a heated swimming pool and a paved terrace, ideal for 'al fresco' dining. SERVICES
Gas fired central heating via radiators. Mains water and electricity and drainage. LPG for swimming pool. Water softener. OUTGOINGS
Tunbridge Wells Borough Council - 01892 526121. Main house Tax band 'F' Annexe Tax band 'A'.